Would you be interested in ah alternative to traditional medicine?
What if light could relieve your aches and pains?
- 1 Best Infrared Light Therapy Home Devices and Lamps?
- 1.1 1. Beurer Infrared Light Heat Lamp for Red Light Therapy
- 1.2 2. KS 9800 TDP Far Infrared Mineral Heat Lamp with Detachable Head
- 1.3 3. CHOICEMED Infrared Light Heat Lamp
- 1.4 4. Pure Enrichment Deep Tissue Percussion Massager with Infrared Therapy
- 1.5 5. UTK Far Infrared Tourmaline Heating Pad
- 1.6 6. ReVive Light Therapy DPL Wrinkle and Acne Therapy
- 1.7 7. ReVive Light Therapy DPL Flex Pad
- 1.8 8. Tendlite Advanced Pain Relief with Red Light Therapy
- 2 What is Red Light Therapy (RLT)?
- 3 How Does RLT Work?
- 4 What is Red Light Therapy Used for?
- 5 Final Thoughts
Best Infrared Light Therapy Home Devices and Lamps?
Depending on your purpose for an infrared light therapy lamp, there are different RLT home devices and lamps.
Some are designed for specific ailments, while others may cover an array of conditions.
Here’s our selection of the best ones.
If you want something that is portable and is designed to boot circulation, treat bronchial congestion, opens capillaries, encourages tissue recover and healing, and removes toxins, the Beurer Infrared Light Heat Lamp is the ideal and most affordable option.
Ideal for: Bronchial congestion, nerve pain like neuropathy and sciatica, spinal injuries such as herniated discs, sports-related injuries, muscle pain, joint pain, and inflammation.
- Portable convenience: Even though this home RLT lamp is portable, it can treat an area of 11.8” x 15.7”, which is perfect for treating larger areas of the body. The intended use requires you keep it at least 12 to 16 inches from the treatment area. It is easily adjusted to the height and angle you need.
- Consistent heat: The Beurer Infrared Light Heat Lamp is equipped with a 300-watt bulb behind a ceramic piece of glass that allows it to deliver constant and focused RLT to your targeted area.
- Safety features: This home RLT lamp features a timer shut-off that activates after 15 minutes that prevents over usage. It also has overheating protection and a 100 percent UV blocker.
- Wavelength: 500 to 2,500 nm.
- Some people who have used this lamp claimed the lamp quit working after several months and that the replacement bulbs are expensive.
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty infrared heat lamp that is easy to roll from room to room, the KS 9800 is a recommended choice. This is not a table-top model, but instead a simple, standing far infrared lamp.
Remember to keep the distance between your skin and the heating head at 8 to 10 inches and wear light clothing. Do not use this on your bare skin. Users claim this lamp is easy to assemble and that it works well.
Ideal for: Pain relief, soothing energy, targeting areas. Essentially, it is ideal to speed healing or to provide warmth to areas that need relief.
- Easy to roll around
- Low-heat that is effective for infrared penetration into your skin
- No light bulb needed – Mineral plate
- 1500 hours of use
- 6-month limited warranty – Labor only
- 3-month limited warranty – Parts only
- Detachable head
- It takes about 10-20 minutes to heat up
- No warranty on TDP heads
Lightweight, portable, and effective relief from the comfort of your home are the primary features of the ChoiceMed Infrared Light Heat Lamp. You can take this one with you when you travel.
Ideal for: The relief for arthritis, knee, joint, muscle, back, neck, and shoulder pain. It is also good from relieving bronchial congestion.
- Deep infrared therapy penetration: Stimulates your blood circulation, relaxes your muscles and supporting tissues to make them more pliable, and reduces stiffness.
- Portable and lightweight for travel: Whether you travel on long or short trips, you can take this lamp along with you for relief on-the-go.
- Auto shut-off: This lamp features an automatic shut-off feature to prevent overuse and as a safety precaution. You also get auditory feedback at the end of your session.
- 15-Minute treatment timer: You can set it and forget it with the timer feature.
- Large treatment area: You enjoy a radiant warmth treatment with the powerful 300-watt halogen lamp designed to be used even on large zone treatment areas (11.8 “x 15.7”).
- Efficient pain relief: This pain management lamp gets deep down into the hypodermis, dermis, and epidermis layers to quickly and efficiently curb pain and provide relief on areas like your chest, shoulders, low back, legs, and arms.
- Users claim that this lamp gets very hot and it takes some time to cool down before you can put it away or start a new treatment cycle.
If you are looking for a way to get the benefits of infrared heat therapy and massage at an affordable price, this Pure Enrichment percussion massager with infrared technology may be for you.
Ideal for: Relieving muscle tension, reducing aches and pains, loosening tight tissues in the arms, legs, neck, shoulders, legs, and feet.
- Deep tissue percussion massage therapy: This massager sends therapeutic percussion vibrations into your muscle tissues and relieves tension and knots in your feet, legs, neck, shoulders, arms, and back.
- Adjustable massage settings: You have control of how gentle or deep, fast or slow your percussion massage feels.
- 2-in-1 palm and an extended handle: The palm held unit is perfect for getting to your easier to reach muscles, while the extended handle makes it easy to give someone else a percussion massage on the back and shoulders.
- 2 interchangeable heads: The massage heads come off so you can match your needs to the right head at any given time.
- 5-year warranty: Pure Enrichment offers an industry-leading warranty option.
- Some users report that this unit is a bit heavier than they expected or is too heavy for them.
If you like to relax at night or prefer the heating pad style of heat and pain relief, this UTK far infrared tourmaline heating pad for full back pain relief could be your ideal solution.
Ideal for: Reaching deep into the sore tissues and muscles in your back, neck, shoulders, and abdomen. The tourmaline allows for full body detox.
- Far infrared therapy: You know far infrared therapy is known to get deep into the muscles to gently help relieve aches and pains. This heating pad provides long-lasting pain relief as well as healing from injuries.
- Tourmaline stone negative ions: Natural tourmaline is known to emit negative ions that promote oxygenation to your brain. It also soothes, stimulates, and detoxifies your body and mind.
- Smart controller technology: You get to choose your level of heat (temperature) and timer settings. It features an auto-shutoff option to prevent overuse or overheating.
- Emits lower EMF than regular heating pads: This far infrared heating pad made by UTK is designed with a shield to reduce EMF.
- 1-year warranty
- Some users think the stones are uncomfortable.
If you are seeking help with acne and wrinkles, infrared light therapy has that capability as well as pain relief. The ReVive light therapy DPL II uses infrared and red LED light therapy to cover a large treatment area. This unit is more costly than the others in this infrared light therapy review.
Ideal for: Treating acne and wrinkles.
- Dual treatment for wrinkles and acne: With three different settings for treatments, you can configure this panel light therapy device to target your specific needs.
- It takes only a few minutes per day: All it takes is a few minutes per day to minimize damage caused by cuts, scrapes, sunburn, bruises, and scarring due to acne issues.
- It’s the only in-home FDA-approved light panel therapy for acne and wrinkles: ReVive’s DPL II is the only in-home, FDA-approved light therapy device. It is so powerful that it can treat acne and wrinkles simultaneously.
- Promotes collagen and elastin production: This is the kind of light therapy that promotes and enhances your skin’s collagen and elastin to improve your skin’s color, tone, and texture.
- One user felt like this unit gets too hot.
ReVive also makes a flexible light therapy pad that treats muscle spasms, arthritis pain, and joint pain. It is designed to be flexible enough to place around your shoulders, knees, and elbows, but also ideal for back, neck, legs, feet, and virtually any area of the body.
Ideal for: The deep penetration for the relief of muscle tension, spasms, arthritis pain, and joint pain.
- Relief from muscle spasms and more: The DPL flex pad relaxes the muscles and relieves spasms. Also relieves joint pain and the pain and stiffness associated with arthritis.
- FDA-cleared: This is an FDA-cleared OTC Class II medical device designed for pain relief. It helps to safety stimulate blood circulation, relieves pain, accelerates healing, and relaxes muscles.
- Red and infrared therapy: The synergy between red and infrared light is effective for getting down into the skin’s layers to stimulate cellular repair, youthful complexion, tissue repair, and improve circulation. It fights the signs of aging and aids in the faster recovery of injuries, wounds, and cuts.
- Fast and easy: You only need to use this light therapy for 15 to 25 minutes to get optimal relief.
- Safe and natural: This is considered a safe and natural treatment for pain due to arthritis and muscle pain or strain.
- The most common issue users found with this device the length of the power cord.
- Ease of use: You simply apply the light directly to the injured area or joint for one minute to achieve targeted pain relief.
- Medical-grade steel: The Tendlite light therapy device is made from medical-grade steel.
- Lightweight: It is lightweight and easy to handle regardless of where you need pain relief.
- Powerful and safe: You will find this therapy device to be effective, powerful, and safe to use to alleviate joint, muscles, and disc pain. It is a drug-free alternative that helps you avoid steroids, infections, and surgery.
- Recommended device: Leading professional athletes and doctors recommend this state-of-the-art red light technology for in-home pain relief.
- The cost of this system is the most common complaint.
What is Red Light Therapy (RLT)?
Red light therapy, RLT, is a therapeutic method of low-level light (wavelengths) used to treat conditions such as wounds, wrinkles, scars, and other skin issues. In recent years, it has been used to treat arthritis pain, high blood pressure, weight loss, chronic fatigue, and other aches and pains.
Red light therapy is referred to in these seven terms:
- PBM, photo-biomodulation
- Soft laser therapy
- Photonic stimulation
- LLLT, low-level light therapy
- Cold laser therapy
- LPLT, low-power laser therapy
How Does RLT Work?
If you have ever felt the sensation of a warm hug or gotten into your vehicle after it was sitting in a parking lot in the sun for hours, you have already experienced infrared heat. The heat radiated by the sun is infrared heat. Your skin naturally radiates this kind of heat all the time.
It is not the same as UV light which causes sunburn after too much exposure or skin damage over a period of years.
Infrared light is capable of penetrating deep under the skin, providing effective pain relief and help with other health conditions without the pain of surgery or some other treatments.
Because infrared light is absorbed by the photoreceptors in your body’s cells, it stimulates natural processes in the human body that heal at the cellular level.
One of the most effective elements of RLT is nitric oxide gas known to fight oxidative stress in cells and is essential to artery health.
This article about RLT claims it is an effective and safe method of pain reduction and a drug-free way to pain relief that lasts a long time.
What is Red Light Therapy Used for?
There may be a lot of potential for a variety of treatments using RLT. The following will discuss just a few being tested.
There are two types of RLT, called Near and Far Infrared technologies. This light therapy is designed to appropriate the sun’s energy without the exposure to harmful UV rays or other adverse side effects.
While further clinical trials and research are needed to gather viable evidence of the effectiveness of RLT, there is some evidence that suggests that it may provide the following benefits:
- Diminishes scars
- Tissue repair and wound healing
- Helps with skin conditions such as psoriasis and scars
- Relieves aches and pains related to inflammation, especially for painful Achilles tendons
- Reduces some side effects caused by cancer treatments
- Relieves short-term pain and stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis
- Relief from back pain
- Relief from neuropathic pain like that seen in fibromyalgia
- Alopecia and hair growth
- Stimulation of slow wound healing (as in diabetic foot ulcers)
- Short-term help with carpal tunnel syndrome
- Boosts skin, builds collagen and reduces wrinkles
- Enhances healing for persistent cold sores caused by herpes simplex
- Help with insomnia and sleep disorders
- Enhances your mood
- Potentially helps with fat loss
If you suffer from pain due to arthritis, muscle strain or injury, wrinkles, acne, or aches and pains from back problems, fibromyalgia, or other painful conditions, infrared light technology is an effective, safe, and drug-free option.
Choose the appropriate device according to your needs and follow the directions for use to avoid potential problems with these devices.
Latest posts by Anne Keiley (see all)
- Best Turmeric Supplements (Curcumin for Back, Neck & Joint Pain) - March 12, 2019
- Can Chronic Nerve Pain Cause Changes in Your Skin? - March 4, 2019
- Best Infrared Light Therapy Home Devices & Lamps (Reviews) - March 3, 2019